Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Day 14 - Change it or Accept it - no matter what celebrate it

Today's blog is going to be a little backwards and I ask that you go with it - I'm going to practice first what I am about to preach. I am so excited and want to share with you the successes that I have achieved in these last ten days. Firstly I got a promotion, how cool is that? with a pretty good pay rise, which I have to say I am very grateful for. Secondly I completed my advance prac in styling and got to enjoy the beauty of Melbourne and its amazing culture. The biggest compliment though was being asked if I would be interested in running a webinar for the school as well as being complimented about the positive energy I am exuding at the moment (yay for me I love being happy and positive) and finally I have been honoring and loving myself deeply.

As some of you know I am testing out the law of attraction and the ability to love and live in this space of surrendering and trusting and although I have the green lights and car spaces down pat, I am now starting to create some really cool things, such as I wanted to see my ex's family and who should I bump into at Coles 2 nights ago - his family. It was wonderful seeing them. So what does this have to do with anything? why am I telling you all this stuff?  There is one very good reason - success is all about celebrating the wins along the way as well as achieving, enjoying and celebrating the end goal.

Tonight I was in the good fortune of having a mentoring session with a successful business owner who is doing some amazing things, both in the industry in which his business operates as well as the way in which he leads his team. This man has an amazing ability to take action and achieve whatever he puts his mind to. As I listened to him there were a number of things that became very apparent in his approach to life, firstly although he is a high achiever he isn't afraid to make mistakes, secondly he definitely knows how to celebrate the wins along the path to achieving his success and finally he has a great way of accepting the things he cannot change and changing the things he can, one bite at a time.

As he spoke he really got me thinking about my own strategy for success, not only at work, but in life in general. All this time I have been thinking that I was lacking passion, when it actual fact I have lost the ability to believe that I can actually achieve the life that I desire, that I can pull off running a successful business, having a healthy, fit lean vibrant body or being really happy and loving in my marriage - All these years of constant criticism, which I had eloquently masked as 'seeking feedback' have taken it's toll and my now depleted soul is over working hard with little or no encouragement.

So although I am not able to change the past, I can definitely learn from it and the main lesson today is to be kind to yourself, go and celebrate the wins in life no matter what size they are and keep having fun in what you are doing. There is a saying after all, that success breeds success and if that is the case I am going to sing it from roof top

So in saying that I have shared my successes with you and I am now off to indulge in a funny show and rub moo goo all over my body (mmmmmmmm love moo goo) as a reward for what I have already achieved.

Much Love
The Passion Project

PS Today's photo is of the Yum Cha Cafe in Melbourne which I would have to say has the happiest staff I have ever met. They even have little smiley faces on their uniforms. The lady who served us was lots of fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment